Stream and/or download the episode directly from iTunes here.
Meredith King is helping people get unstuck in all walks of life. She co-founded True To Life Ministries, walking with thousands of youth and adults as they move to transition out of poverty. She's mentored hundreds of leaders as a member of the senior team at Integrus Leadership. She writes, speaks, serves, and equips without losing sight of her priorities. Yes, Meredith King is something special. In this episode, Meredith shares why you should value building your life and leadership on solid ground.
Meredith King's background
Meredith King has dedicated her life to helping people get unstuck personally, professionally, and in their faith journeys.
She married her high school sweetheart, David, and life is now full and energetic thanks to two precious daughters and a lot of coffee. She and her husband started a nonprofit organization in 2009 dedicated to helping youth and adults transition out of poverty. True to Life Ministries has impacted thousands of lives and has become a resource for organizations across the country.
As a leadership coach and through her role on the senior leadership team with Integrus Leadership, Meredith has mentored hundreds of Kingdom-minded leaders to grow their own leadership tools and facilitate the creation of high-performing, self-managing teams.
Meredith is also a sought-after speaker and Bible teacher, and her new book, IMMOVEABLE: Reflections to Build your Life and Faith on Solid Ground is now available.
- IMMOVEABLE: Reflections to Build your Life and Faith on Solid Ground
- Meredith's blog (including a free eBook on how to get things done)
Links to things mentioned in the episode
- 2:42 - Here's more about the True To Life Ministries approach.
- 5:07 - Here's a post Meredith published in 2016 about a decade of marriage, including the story of how she met David. She's also reflected on 20 years of togetherness.
- 7:20 - "How long are you going to let fear keep you from being obedient to what God is asking us to do?" Here's a recent piece Meredith wrote about fear.
- 9:07 - Paper planners are still a thing. Wirecutter made a list of their favorites in 2017.
- 13:39 - Here's a little more about the services Integrus offers.
- 16:34 - This Instagram post is awesome and gives more background on Meredith's journey to write this book.
- 19:15 - As an aside, I've been loving the Leuchtturm1917 Hardcover Medium Dotted Journal lately.
- 20:47 - Lyle Wells defines leadership as "behaviors that influence others and drive outcomes." Here he is on LinkedIn.
- 29:12 - Meredith wrote about why she thinks we should kiss New Year's resolutions goodbye and builds out more of her thinking around goal setting here.
- 33:24 - Sign up here to get notified when you can buy the book.
Connect with Meredith
"Spring" by Blake and Emily Mankin (download the .mp3 free)