Scott Kedersha is helping marriages flourish. He's on the marriage ministry leadership team at Watermark Community Church in Dallas, TX--a ministry that's helped over 10,000 couples. In this episode, Scott helps you understand what it means to value your marriage and speaks to those who are single, engaged, happily married, or hanging on by a thread.
Scott Kedersha's background
Scott Kedersha is a follower of Jesus Christ, a husband to Kristen for 16 years, a dad to four boys (Duncan, Drew, Carson, and Lincoln), and serves as the Director of Marriage Ministry at Watermark Community Church. He’s a 1995 graduate of Wake Forest University and writes about marriage and family, ministry, and books at ScottKedersha.com.
He’s working on his first book with Baker Books, a marriage prep book called Ready or Knot, which is scheduled to release in February 2019. Scott works with couples all over the relational spectrum from premarried to empty nest and helps lead an incredible team at Watermark where over 10,000 couples have been a part of Watermark’s marriage ministry over the last 17 years.
- Scott Kedersha's blog
- Scott's Kedersha's free date night guide
- Watermark resources for engagement
- Watermark resources for marriage
Links to things mentioned in the episode
- 8:34 - On Scott's blog, he writes about how to make the best date night ever.
- 12:01 - Find more details about this weekly meeting here.
- 14:29 - "Draw a circle around yourself and work on everyone inside the circle." Watch John McGee unpack this concept further in this video.
- 15:03 - Matthew 7:3-5
- 15:46 - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- 16:04 - Find a church offering re|engage on their website.
- 20:17 - 1 Corinthians 7
- 20:58 - The Porch puts all their audio here. You can find a collection of teachings on dating here.
- 21:45 - Ben Stuart's book is Single, Dating, Engaged, Married: Navigating Life and Love in the Modern Age.
- 20:20 - I second Scott. The Streaks app is amazing.
- 24:54 - Here's a link to Watermark's website.
- 25:04 - If you're struggling in your marriage and need some help, visit this site to find helpful resources.
Connect with Scott
"Spring" by Blake and Emily Mankin (download the .mp3 free)