Growing up, my dad encouraged me to reflect on life's "five Fs:" faith, family, friends, finances, and fitness. The holidays offer us an opportunity to take a deep breath and step back from the busyness to reflect on where we are in our life's major areas. In this episode, I invite you to take inventory of where you've been this year and where you are today so you can be in a better position to make values-driven plans for the future.
Links to things mentioned in the episode
- 2:53 - I distinctly remember going through these with him at the Starbucks down the street from my house.
- 5:17 - This daily time with God usually takes place as a part of my morning routine.
- 8:17 - Almost all these date nights take place at sushi restaurants in Houston. We love it. For the record, our favorite affordable sushi restaurant is Top Sushi.
- 9:13 - When it comes to creative food being delivered to your house, Uber Eats is a game changer.
- 10:01 - We created him a Gmail account.
- 14:56 - I ran out of personalized stationary this year and turned to notecards, one of my top ten things in November.
- 22:32 - I use the Nike+ Running App to track my runs.
"Spring" by Blake and Emily Mankin (download the .mp3 free)